CHANGING LIVES FOR MORE THAN 40 YEARS
Jannus is a not-for-profit health and human services organization that is successfully helping individuals, families and communities in transition — from infancy to healthy childhood, from illness to health, from refugee to working citizens, and from isolation to community. Jannus changes lives through caring volunteers and a portfolio of diverse programs that promote health, advance policy and create opportunity.
Jannus programs touch more than 35,000 men, women and children in Idaho annually. Here are just a few of their stories:
- A teen in crisis ends her text with a hotline volunteer saying, “thank you for saving my life.” She now has a plan to stay safe and get help instead of hurting herself.
- A single mother from Somalia buys a house because her childcare business is thriving.
- Idaho’s congressional delegation returns to Washington, DC with a better understanding of the benefits of the CHIP program for Idaho’s poorest children.
- An elderly man from Burma can see clearly and learns to read with his first pair of glasses.
- A child from Eritrea can enjoy the waters of Boise without fear after learning to swim.
- Preschoolers experience new fresh vegetables from refugee farmers and see how they grow.
- A new, thriving ethnic restaurant brings self-sufficiency to a family because they received a Jannus small business loan to open their dream business.
- A family is warm and safely housed after losing their home during the Boise River flooding.
- A woman in turmoil attends a caregiving class and connects in a meaningful way with her mother days before she passes.
IDAHO GIVES 2017 HELPED RAISE $11,943 FOR THE Jannus PROGRAMS!!
Thank you Idaho!!!