NOTE: This position is NOT with Jannus.
Please forward your resume and a brief letter/narrative reflecting how your skills and experience satisfy the qualifications, as well as position you to successfully satisfy the accountabilities, set forth in this job description. As part of your electronic response, we will need a list of three references, with e-mail and cell phone numbers as well. No references will be checked until and unless you are among the three finalists, but no applications will be accepted without all of these items. You should be prepared to be interviewed in Boise, Idaho on December 12, 2013, and will be responsible for all costs associated with getting here. We will need to contact the successful candidate shortly after December 12th, so please provide accurate contact information. You will be expected to start work on January 6, 2014. Please send responses, electronically only, to Stan Burton, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Responses will be accepted through close of business (5:00pm MT) November 20, 2013. [Salary range is $50,000 – $60,000, with 3% retirement fund match and contribution towards medical insurance coverage.]
Purpose:Provides daily administration for the Idaho Head Start Association activities including all grants and contracts, special projects and Association business. Serves as the Association’s expert providing leadership for promoting Head Start to the general public and state policy makers.
Overview: Incumbent has the responsibility to administer all Association transactions, assures compliance with all federal and state rules and regulations, is the Association’s designated liaison to all State Agencies and public officials, develops and controls budgets, evaluates the performance of staff and consultants, and coordinates Association meetings. Accountable to the Governing Board of the IHSA. This is an exempt position.
- Develops and monitors IHSA goals and objectives through the establishment of operating priorities and organizational structure.
- Develops IHSA relationships with federal, state, local agencies and groups including the legislature and the Office of the Governor.
- Oversees the development and updating of IHSA’s operating policies and procedures and assures close coordination with the Board Membership.
- Responsible for any and all IHSA grants and contracts, including both those issued or received.
- Develops and administers the IHSA budget.
- Maintains and manages lease agreements for properties used by the Association.
- Authorizes all travel and expenditures of the IHSA.
- Maintains contact and positive relationship with the print/broadcast media and public officials.
- Oversees all publications and print/video circulation developed by the IHSA.
- Hires, supervises and evaluates the performance of all employees and contractors and maintains all necessary files.
- Provides regular reports to the IHSA Board as requested, and at the regular board meetings.
- Represents IHSA on national, regional, state and local boards, councils and committees, as well as before the legislature, policy makers and other current and potential early childhood partners.
- Provides training and technical assistance to the Association and Grantees when requested.
- Provides support to the IHSA for their regularly scheduled meetings, special committee meetings, and conference calls.
- Coordinates annual strategic planning.
- Plans and coordinates the IHSA Annual Member Meeting facilitating and maintaining a system of networking for all members.
B.A., B.S. degree in Public Administration, Business Administration, Human Resources, Organizational Leadership or related field or 5 years of progressively responsible experience in organizational administration, particularly with regard to non-profits.
Three years’ experience in the Head Start program as a consultant, employee or volunteer. Experience working in a non-profit organization.