Register Now for Agency Readiness Training
April 6, 2016 in Boise
April 8, 2016 in Moscow
May 20, 2016 in Blackfoot
The Idaho Peer Support Specialist Training, a program of Jannus, Inc., has partnered with Appalachian Consulting Group, NASMHPD, and SAMHSA to hold training that will prepare mental health agencies to integrate peer support into their continuum of care and enhance existing peer support programs.
This 1 day training will include:
- Self-assessment to determine your agency’s readiness to implement or enhance peer support services
- Principles and guidelines for supervising peer support specialists
- How to incorporate a peer support workforce
- The role of peer support specialists
- Challenges and recommended actions for your peer support program
- An overview of Idaho’s Peer Support Specialist Training content and certification information
- Support and continuing education available to Idaho’s certified peer support specialists
- Idaho’s Peer Support Code of Ethics
Each participating agency is STRONGLY encouraged to have representation at the training by (1) peer support supervisor, (1) agency administrator, and (1) peer support specialist if the agency has one on staff. Sending a team of people who work together will result in increased benefits from the training.
The training fee is $30 per office which includes all materials and lunch for each attendee. Please note that we must cap attendance at 36 trainees and would like attendance from as many agencies as possible. This means that we can accommodate up to 12 agencies who send all 3 of the requested representatives. If we do not have registration by 12 different agencies or if there are agencies who can not send all 3 requested representatives, we will allow attendance from multiple offices that fall under the same agency.
– Complete the Agency Readiness Self-Assessment & Registration Form and email it to Jess by Friday, March 11, 2016
– Submit payment for the Boise and Moscow trainings here
***The Blackfoot training payment page will be available next week and Jess will email it to you when you have submitted an Agency Readiness Self-Assessment & Registration Form that indicates you will be attending the Blackfoot Training
– Let Jess know if you would like to register multiple offices under the same agency and she will let you know if you are able to do so by Friday, March 11. This decision will be based on the number of registrations received by then.
Trainings will be held from 8:30am-5pm at the following locations:
April 6: Nazareth Retreat Center, 4450 N. Five Mile Road in Boise, ID
April 8: Gritman Medical Center, 700 S. Main Street in Moscow, ID
May 20: State Hospital South, 700 E. Alice Street in Blackfoot, ID
We would like to recognize that the northern Idaho training location was changed from Coeur d’Alene to Moscow. This is an effort to accommodate offices attending from as far north as Bonners Ferry and as far south as Grangeville. Our goal is to make the training as accessible as possible to all northern Idaho agencies by holding it in a central location.
This training is sure to be remarkable and prepare your agency to implement, sustain, and supervise peer support services. Please join us!
**Please note that this is NOT Peer Support Specialist Training, and we will be in touch with 2016 Peer Support Training dates as soon as we have them finalized.
Jess Wojcik & Bobbi Matkin
Jannus, Inc. (formerly Mountain States Group)
Idaho Peer Support Specialist Training
Office of Consumer & Family Affairs