Global Talent Idaho is excited to announce that we are beginning another six-week English course in July and are looking for stellar English coaches (you!) to volunteer.
Please respond to firstname.lastname@example.org or to Ashley at 208-947-4250 by Thursday, July 22 if you are interested in volunteering for the course. The previous 6-week class was very successful and we hope to have your hand in making this upcoming one great.
- Who: Global Talent Idaho
- What: Pilot six-week advanced workplace English course focused on speaking and listening
- When: Class will be held on Tuesday evenings from 5:30-7pm starting on July 11. (July 11, 18, 25 and August 1, 8, and 15) We will also hold an English coach orientation training on Tuesday, June 27 from 5:30-6:30pm to go over the specifics of the course and provide you with an opportunity to ask questions.
- Where: Jannus Building (1607 W. Jefferson St., Boise, ID)
- Why: GTI’s job seekers and alumni need your help fine-tuning their English skills, which are vital to their success in the US. As one student in our last class said, “Having the opportunity to work 1:1 with an English coach is equivalent to 3 hours in a normal English class.”
- How it will work: GTI will pair each student with a English coach that will work with them in class throughout the six-week course. Regular attendance is important and we ask that our coaches attend a minimum of five out of the six classes in the series. In addition to the six evening classes, we also ask that the English coaches find a time to meet with their students in person or on the phone on a weekly basis for additional conversational practice. We will provide additional guidance on this in the orientation.
Please do not hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or need more information. We hope you’re able to join!