I wanted to share that Jannus was honored this week with the Governor’s 2013 Brightest Stars Award in the Corporate division.
The Governor’s Brightest Stars award recognized business, individuals, schools, students and seniors in their outstanding impact to serving or supporting service and volunteerism in our state.
Jannus’s application acknowledged the significant program efforts that you all accomplish through volunteerism that supplements the efforts of each one of you. So THANK YOU – to each of you who help to expand our capacity of service delivery through the coordination and support of our most valued volunteers. And for the time and energy you each volunteer in your community passions. To highlight a few:
- The Idaho Suicide Prevention program relies on volunteer phone responders, a value over $110K since inception of the Hotline, for example;
- Friends in Action’s Legacy Corp program serves veteran and military families and other family caregivers through volunteerism, valued at nearly $137K this past year;
- Early Head Start had donated/volunteer time of parents and community valued at over $400K annually;
- Foster Grandparent Program and Retired and Senior Volunteer Program are ALL ABOUT volunteerism and giving back, RSVP volunteers alone last year contributed $3.14 million of donated services to our communities;
- Agency for New American’s relies on volunteers to effectively resettle refugees, valued at nearly $75K
- And many other programs rely and coordinate the efforts of volunteers: English Language Center, Global Gardens, META and Idaho KIDS COUNT.
Congratulations and thank you to each one of you for being recognized as part of the Jannus collective for this honor from the Governor’s Office. What an impact we make in our state!
p.s. THANKS to Kermit Scarborough, our dedicated board member, who nominated MSG for this recognition. He too, along with the entire board, recognize the incredible impact made and services provided.