Join me in congratulating our colleague, Lauren Necochea, Project Director of Idaho KIDS COUNT, as one of the Idaho Business Review’s 2014 top 50 women of the year!!
In her role as the Idaho KIDS COUNT director, Lauren has gained credibility, respect and trust of diverse organizations, businesses and community partners in policy topics that support and promote the well-being of children and families in Idaho. In her 2.5 years as Idaho KIDS COUNT Director, Lauren has:
- Become the trusted resource for reliable data and fact-based analysis and research on issues impacting children and families in Idaho, information used by individuals, community organizations, businesses, legislators and state agencies to inform policy in Idaho;
- Become a recognized leader in the national KIDS COUNT network;
- Co-founded the Idaho Third Grade Reading Task Force;
- Founded the Partnership for Idaho’s Future, a diverse group of community stakeholders and leaders, many of whom have never collaborated before, and equipped the group with communication tools, training and fact-based research and data analysis to promote the well-being of children and families in Idaho, work that has a direct impact on improving Idaho businesses.
- Founded the Medicaid Communications Network, made up of over 70 individuals and organizations across the state, and provides education and communication training on the impacts of the Affordable Care Act to Idahoans.
Lauren is an energetic professional. Lauren is a life-long learner and relationship builder. Lauren is an effective communicator and passionate community organizer who will continue to positively impact and improve the lives of Idahoans. When Idaho invests in education, public safety/security and health and every individual is secure in their basic needs, it leads to a better educated workforce, a stronger economy and more productive and profitable businesses for all of Idaho.