The Jannus Board of Directors is pleased and proud to announce Amy Little as the new Jannus Executive Director joining Jannus on Monday, March 7, 2022.
Amy’s 25 -year career has been in education, nonprofits, and working with underserved populations. Amy brings extensive experience in the Idaho nonprofit sector having served as President and CEO of the Idaho Nonprofit Center where she revitalized the policy and advocacy arm of the Center, operationalized a three-year strategic plan, and increased grant funding by 700% over four years. Previously, Amy served as President and CEO of the Greater Sandpoint Chamber of Commerce where she gained valuable experience and connections in Northern Idaho. Most recently, Amy was leading MoFI’s program providing short-term, small business loans and guiding its Hispanic Outreach Program.
Amy is a passionate champion and long-time advocate for the Jannus mission and programs changing lives every day. The Jannus Board is confident in Amy’s collaborative and engaging leadership style, broad experience with Idaho nonprofits, and proven success in leading leaders through difficult change and shifting priorities. The Board stands solidly behind the organization and its new leader.
“I am thrilled and excited to join Jannus as its new executive director,” shared Amy Little. “I have long been impressed by the mission of Jannus, the strength of its programs, and the professionalism of the Jannus team. It is such a privilege and honor to work alongside such an incredible group of people so passionate about serving the great people of Idaho.”
Karan Tucker and Stephanie Bender-Kitz will continue with Jannus through April 7 as a dedicated resource to Amy and the Board to help ensure a smooth and effective transition during Amy’s initial onboarding. On April 7, 2022, Karan and Stephanie will retire from Jannus to enjoy time with family and to pursue personal dreams and individual goals.
Karan and Stephanie are stepping aside when Jannus is strong and stable, with incredibly talented, innovative leaders and team members whose expertise, potential and compassionate contributions will thrive under new leadership.
Accomplishments of Jannus during Karan and Stephanie’s guidance:
- Led organizational change to expand policy/advocacy work with exponential growth and impact in Idaho policies for children and families ($100K budget increase to $1M+ and 1 to 11+ staff).
- Secured funding to establish the Jannus Legacy Endowment directed to long-term sustainability of Jannus programs and services.
- Catalyzed health care leaders statewide to improve end-of-life care through systems and practice change.
- Established the family caregiver education program in SW Idaho that is replicated statewide.
- Supervised the startup and ongoing operations of the Idaho Suicide Prevention Hotline, 24/7 phone, crisis text and chat response with more than 15,000 contacts annually in a state ranked 5th highest in the nation for suicide.
- Joined the national effort and supported the startup and ongoing operations of the Idaho’s Outof-School Network to ensure Idaho’s youth have access to high quality out-of-school programs.
- Established race equity and inclusion as a strategic priority for the organization.
- Maintained a strong and stable organization and team throughout the unprecedented COVID pandemic, navigating constant change and uncertainties with compassion, grace, and fortitude.
- Karan and Stephanie have been recognized for their leadership and contribution. Stephanie was recognized as the Practice Change Leader in Aging and Health by the John A. Hartford Foundation and the Leadership Award by the National Association of Women Business Owners. Karan has been recognized as both the Idaho Business Review CEO of Influence and Women of the Year Honoree, and the 2019 Commitment to Idaho award from Boise State University’s School of Public Service.
Karan and Stephanie also boldly implemented a novel approach to shared leadership of a health and human services nonprofit organization that is admired by many. We cannot thank them enough for the passion, compassion, and visionary leadership each has provided over a combined 30 years at Jannus.