CHANGING LIVES FOR MORE THAN 45 YEARS
Jannus is a not-for-profit health and human services organization that successfully helps individuals, families and communities in transition — from infancy to healthy childhood, from illness to health, from refugee to working citizens, and from isolation to community. Jannus changes lives with mission-driven, highly-skilled professional staff, caring and committed volunteers and a portfolio of more than 20 diverse programs and services that promote community health, advance public policy and create economic opportunity.
We reach 55,000 people through direct services across Idaho and we serve as a leading voice advocating for public policies and systems that ensure all children and families in Idaho can thrive. With seven locations and 125 employees across the state, we help individuals, families and communities transition to a bright future.
Here are just a handful of individual stories about Jannus’ impact:
- A teen in crisis ends her text with an Idaho Suicide Prevention Hotline responder saying, “thank you for saving my life.” She now has a plan to stay safe and get help instead of hurting herself.
- A single mother from Somalia buys a house because her childcare business is thriving as a result of the Refugee Childcare Business Development program.
- Idaho Voices for Children coordinated Close Gap Idaho, resulting in 87,000 Idahoans getting health coverage as a result of Medicaid expansion. During the COVID pandemic, Medicaid has protected family financial stability and provided critical access to health care, including COVID-19 testing and treatment.
- A child from Eritrea can enjoy the waters of Boise without fear after learning to swim with help from the Agency for New Americans.
- Nutrition Works and Global Gardens partnered to help preschoolers experience new fresh vegetables grown by farmers who arrived as refugees.
- A woman in turmoil attends a Powerful Tools for Caregivers class and connects in a meaningful way with her mother and receives weekly respite from a Legacy Corps volunteer.
- Economic Opportunity provided $390,305 in emergency loans since March 2020, helping individuals impacted by the pandemic cover medical bills, car repairs, rent, and other necessities.
- Early Head Start’s Circle of Security Parenting Class strengthened the relation-
ship between a moth and her young girls, helping the mother understand their needs so she could be the best parent she could be and build a trusting bond with them.
Jannus changes lives through purpose, passion and leadership.
Please learn more about our mission and commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion, our programs, volunteer opportunities, career opportunities, and ways to support our work.
Idaho Gives Success!
Jannus received almost $30,000 from over 400 donations during Idaho Gives 2021
THANK YOU for ALL your support!