Jannus and our programs are taking the serious action of closing our buildings to work to minimize the spread of COVID-19. Feel free to call 208-336-5533 and follow the phone tree to reach staff members or visit program websites for additional contact information.
We are all feeling an emotional and financial strain during this time of crisis. We’ve already seen how this outbreak is disproportionately impacting our communities’ most vulnerable populations. At Jannus we are addressing increased needs for emergency loans, refugee services and support, increased calls to the Idaho Suicide Prevention Hotline, isolation of frail seniors, and lack of access to health care. We know that our vital nutrition, child care, and afterschool programs are directly impacted by decisions to close schools and businesses. Your donation to Jannus will help fund these programs RIGHT NOW and keep them sustainable into the future. Please consider supporting Jannus with an unrestricted gift today.
Jannus offers our deepest thanks to all of our donors supporting the many programs of Jannus as we change lives with programs in community health, public policy and economic opportunity.
Click here to donate: https://secure.acceptiva.com/?cst=b71ac7
If you want to donate to a specific program please click here to find a list of program supported by Jannus
CHANGING LIVES FOR MORE THAN 40 YEARS
Jannus is a not-for-profit health and human services organization that is successfully helping individuals, families and communities in transition — from infancy to healthy childhood, from illness to health, from refugee to working citizens, and from isolation to community. Jannus changes lives through caring volunteers and a portfolio of diverse programs that promote health, advance policy and create opportunity.
Jannus programs touch more than 35,000 men, women and children in Idaho annually. Here are just a few of their stories:
- A teen in crisis ends her text with a hotline volunteer saying, “thank you for saving my life.” She now has a plan to stay safe and get help instead of hurting herself.
- A single mother from Somalia buys a house because her childcare business is thriving.
- Idaho’s congressional delegation returns to Washington, DC with a better understanding of the benefits of the CHIP program for Idaho’s poorest children.
- An elderly man from Burma can see clearly and learns to read with his first pair of glasses.
- A child from Eritrea can enjoy the waters of Boise without fear after learning to swim.
- Preschoolers experience new fresh vegetables from refugee farmers and see how they grow.
- A new, thriving ethnic restaurant brings self-sufficiency to a family because they received a Jannus small business loan to open their dream business.
- A family is warm and safely housed after losing their home during the Boise River flooding.
- A woman in turmoil attends a caregiving class and connects in a meaningful way with her mother days before she passes.
Wow! Jannus would like to thank everyone who participated in Idaho Gives 2019!
Thanks to your generosity we nearly raised $20,000 this year!